Friday, June 23, 2006

Homo Disorientatis






How does a Caucasian-looking guy like me find himself with so many Asian women? Ask me, and you'll see how clueless I am!


I don't go out of my way to date mémères - old biddies - from those exotic locations that are an assault on your senses, an overwhelming explosion of sights, sounds, tastes, smells and strange colonic movements.. tropical beaches and 24-hour foot massages... but sometimes you have to widen your net to catch anything. This one bit. Finally! (Too many single dates at that point.) Another Asian, a barely 5 ft. tall Thai divorcee with kids and huge boobs- wooaaahh!

Upon hearing about her my perfect mommy proclaimed "that's no better" (than my regular lot of dumpy or midget working-class philippinas).

Cherisse has a Yahoo album with several dozen "professional" photos of her in various poses with barbells and household furniture. As you can see, her seduction wardrobe comes straight out of the clearance section of Frederick's of Hollywood. Must take this online dating thing seriously to go to that trouble!

She chose Il Fornaio for our first date, a bland surburban California-Italian restaurant in Pasadena. I should have taken it as a sign, but was just happy that someone was finally even remotely interested in me, even if she didn't reach my hip bone. What an entrance we made- she, the nearly 5 feet tall Thai lady and me, the nearly 6 feet tall ladyboy. Unfortunately with the tepid menu I couldn't impress her with what I picked up in Thai Town on a midnight run for sticky rice desserts with that psycho: "Houy nam mai, po! (No spicy- me foreigner!)" whilst pointing to my bottom.

The next day over lamb carpaccio with manchego shavings at a Franco-Japanese restaurant I told Marianna that she was "intriguing." (Don't ask me what it means.) I even added that I might fall in love with her! On our second date, a Saturday, I spent nearly the whole day with her. It was as exciting as a 40-yr-old's day could be. Interminable rounds of golf. Felt like an Escher nightmare, running up and down the stairs at her condo. Ate some healthy grains and tempeh. Made out a little (yesss!). When I returned home I called Marianna to see if she wanted to go with me to Le Petit Four with me the next morning, the day's muscle-building pursuits far from my mind.

As for "intriguing".. well, I wasn't dying to see her a third time. Three days after our second date I weepily admitted to that nutcase that she never had anything cool to say over the phone and that our times together were nice, that's all. When Cherisse called the next week I made up some excuse to avoid her Wednesday (yeah, we already planned to date regularly by that point) and also added that my Saturday was booked. Had to see a film with some "buddies." Besides, I was still on a high from my mommy's encouragement in finding zee perfect woman, who was just waiting for me, somewhere.

A few weeks later I tried to explain my abrupt change of heart by blurting out that in the throes in passion I realized that I wasn't able to give her all that she wanted and insisted that I wasn't good enough for her. Chicks usually believe that.

So she suggested that we remain friends. I could only agree. Do we talk these days? Haha, no way! (Such an explicit attempt at friendship never works. Someone told me that.)

It was all a bit disappointing and blah. I didn't even get a foot massage! As usual, I was left with a friendship in name only.



Back to the beginning.