Thursday, June 22, 2006

Big Boss de l'Amerique

is what my some of my relatives like to call me.

Little do they understand, however, that I'm still a small man on the totem pole here at Sony. When we started God of War 2, they hired an outside person to be the Cinematics Lead- can you believe that bullshit??? Jackie hardly ever works, anyway. I'm the main Maya monkey. Not the one who goes to top-level meetings or travels to conferences (with my people skills??); not the ideas guy, the big picture dude, the designer. I give direction to entry-level animators. Peons. I'm the most talented one here- I deserve more than this.

During Christmas I interviewed for a job at Ubisoft in Montreal that I expected them to just drop in my lap - like the perfect woman - and was insulted that they wanted me to start immediately! Couldn't they accommodate my schedule??? Didn't they know I'd have to quit Sony first? How the hell am I supposed to negotiate that? I'm too much of a pussy to tell them. Why can't I just get the job that I want when I want (like the perfect woman)???

As my family tells me, I'm too special to be slugging away with les petits mortels - these little people - forever. I should have my own company by now but I'm still toiling with people less talented than me. And the only way I rewind is to look for tanned booty on DatingDynasty.com at 3:00 in the morning. If I'm not "Mister Big" at work, at least I can be online. :-p



Back to the beginning.